Thursday, February 28, 2013

2-17-17 Sister Barfield taught

Moral agency
The ability to choose and act for yourself
We are free to choose our actions but we  cannot choose your consequences 

 Agency is the ability to choose between good and evil, but to choose the good is what gives us freedom. The scriptures and our leaders are the ones that teach us to know the difference between good and evil. Which is which?


Helpful Scriptures: 
 -D&C 82:10
-Joshua 24:15

I know that agency is the ability to choose and that I have it. Also the choices i make have consequences and I can not choose those and if it is a consequence that is not pleasing  then I have chosen a bad path. However it was still the choice i made using my agency.

There was a talk given by Sister Elaine S. Dalton some of my favorite parts were:
" i wrote my list of things i would always do and things i would never do "
" when my high school friends said just one drink wont hurt i laughed and said i 
decided when i was 12 not to do that " 
" live your list ''
" you are guardians of something more precious than rubies "
Lds.org Video to watch:
http://www.mormonchannel.org/video?v=1463159539001
 

Challenge: 
1. Make a list of "always"
2. Make a list of "nevers"
3. Start to live your list :)


No comments:

Post a Comment